In order to use TriSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Swim – 450 YARDS
Time Trial Start, Snake Style Swim
Bike – 15 miles
A Mount/Dismount line will be clearly marked at the exit of the transition area. You must cross this line
BEFORE mounting your bike. Be aware of other riders around you when mounting your bike and be
conservative and courteous with spacing as this area may be congested. Do not block the exit.
• South on Smitherman
• Mile 0.30: Turn left at Stratmore Dr.
• Mile 0.35: Turn right at Youree Dr./Highway 1
• Mile 5.00: Turn right at Harts Island Rd., over RR tracks, follow sharp curve to the left
• Mile 5.35: Turn right at Robson Rd.
• Mile 7.50: Continue on Robson Rd. till turnaround cone at top of hill
• Return along the same route
Slow down when you approach the dismount line. You must dismount your bike and have both feet
on the ground BEFORE crossing the dismount line to enter the transition area.
Police will be at all major intersections. Course volunteers will be at all other turns directing you. The
course is open to traffic so STAY ALERT! You are responsible for your own safety. Ride in the right
hand lane close to the shoulder of the road unless overtaking another rider. Never pass on the right.
Look behind you for traffic before passing. There will be no official swag wagon if you flat or have
mechanical problems. All USAT racing rules are in effect. A list of common violations is attached.
Take extra precautions at the following potentially perilous points:
• Miles 4.90 and 10.10 -- RR tracks on Youree/Hwy 1
• Miles 5.00 and 10.00 – RR tracks on Harts Island Rd.
• Mile 14.50 -- watch for traffic behind you on Youree/Hwy 1 when changing to the left lane for the
left turn on Stratmore; vehicles may be approaching from behind you at high speeds
Run – 3.1 miles
The run begins on the north end of the transition area (opposite end from the bike in and out)
• Exit transition area/Town South Swim Club parking lot and turn left on Town South Dr.
• Mile 0.20: Turn right on Village Green Dr.
• Mile 0.29: Turn left at Demery Blvd. entering New Brunswick subdivision
• Mile 0.50: Turn left at Calliope Ln.
• Mile 0.82: Turn left at Baccarat Dr.
• Mile 0.93: Turn left at Gardere Dr.
• Mile 1.20: Turn right at Demery Blvd.
• Mile 1.27: Exit New Brunswick subdivision and turn right at Village Green Dr.
• Mile 1.73: Turn right at S. Dresden Ct.; run to the end of the court around grass island and back
• Mile 2.21: Turn right at Village Green Dr.
• Mile 2.25: Continue as the road becomes Galway Dr.; Galway Dr. turns slightly left and becomes
Smitherman Drive (be aware of riders on Smitherman as it is part of the bike course); continue on
Smitherman past the bike in and out
• Mile 3.00: Turn left back into Town South Swim Club parking lot/transition area; the finish line
will be next to the runout
SPECIAL RUN INSTRUCTIONS:
Follow the flour arrows. Know the route as there may not be volunteers on every turn. All roads are
open to traffic so STAY ALERT!
Parking for all Sunrise Series Races will be at University Elementary. No parking will be allowed along Smitherman Drive or Town South Drive and violators will be ticketed or towed. See attached map for race site and parking locations. It is less than 2/10 of a mile from University Elementary to the transition area.
Click the icon below to download the attached PDF.