Glen Allen, VA US 23060
We are so excited for the return of this fantastic 5K to support the incredible work that “We Heart Harlie & Friends” does for families. This fast 5K course takes place at Crump Park, Glen Allen, VA starting at 8:30 am Thanksgiving morning - Thursday November 23, 2023. Start this grateful day by doing something good for yourself and others! Awards will be given for top runners overall and for age groups!
Run or walk, bring the whole family! Participants will receive a fantastic event medal and a great insulated 20 oz Hot/Cold Cup!
Post race features Hot Chocolate, Fresh Bagels, Bananas and Krispy Kreme Donuts!
Race Contact Info
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Click here for Race Results (Scroll down to our event): https://www.commonwealthtiming.net/results-and-photos.html
FAQ - Important Race Details
Hello Turkey Trotters! We can’t wait to see you all on Thanksgiving Morning!! Very important information contained here – so PLEASE READ THOROUGHLY.
- WE HEART HARLIE & FRIENDS FOUNDATION is the reason behind this fantastic event. Our Mission is: “To Offset the Financial Strain of Medically Fragile Children; Reduce Worry, Limits and Fear; Increase Hope, Access and Joy”. Thank you so much for helping support our mission.
- WEST END ORTHODONTICS is our Title Sponsor and has helped make our event possible. We are so grateful to them for their support!!
- Thank you to our additional sponsors and supporters:
*Kane Jeffries, LLP
*Nicole Frost - State Farm Insurance
*Henrico Recreation & Parks
- PACKET PICK-UP: **** NEW TIME: 3PM- 6PM WEDNESDAY 11/22/23 at the Kane Jeffries Law Firm parking lot- 1700 Bayberry Ct, Henrico 23226.
We will have limited packet pick-up on Thursday morning so please try to make it out on Weds. You are allowed to pick up for other participants. We will have Packet Pickup and Race Day registration Thursday morning from 7:15AM - 8:10AM near the Start/Finish Line
- LOCATION: The Start/Finish area is at the VERY BACK of Crump Park (3400 Mountain Rd, Glen Allen, VA) at the RF&P Park area. Drive into the Crump Park and drive back for parking instructions. We will have parking attendants out to help you. PLEASE SEE THE COURSE MAP FOR DETAILS.
- COURSE: The 5K course is an “Open Course” meaning there may be cars, cyclists and others on the road so you must yield to them. PLEASE look at the attached course map to familiarize yourself with the Parking Areas, Start Finish Line and the loop you will run/walk twice on the course.
- PARKING: There is ample parking at Crump Park though you may have to walk/jog to the start/finish area. We will start promptly at 8:30AM so please arrive no later than 8AM. Please arrive earlier if you still need to get your packet.
- NO DOGS are allowed on the course due to our insurance requirements. They are welcome at the gathering areas.
- STROLLERS are welcome on the course.
- There will NOT be water available on the course, so please bring your water with you.
- CHIP-TIMED RUNNERS will start first then we will have a short pause and the untimed runners and walkers will start.
- AWARDS for chip timed participants will be given for Fastest Overall and Age Groups for 1st, 2nd and 3rd Male and Female categories. Times will be posted at the event and shared via an email.
- REFRESHMENTS available complimentary post-race will be Hot Chocolate, Fresh Bagels, Donuts and Bananas thanks so much to our food sponsor, KANE JEFFRIES, LLP
- VOLUNTEERS will be helping out in many areas. We are so grateful for them to be sharing their time with us and give them a "Thanks" if you see one!
****Please let us know if you or a family member would like to volunteer on race day***
- THE WEATHER looks to be GREAT - chilly and dry. Please dress for the fall temps as we will not have any heated or indoor areas to gather.
- TIME LIMIT: We ask that all participants be off the course by 10AM (Many of us have turkeys and stuffing to cook or eat!).
- RACE SWAG: This year you will receive a Fantastic Finishers Medal and the first 400 participants will receive a
high quality 20 oz Insulated Cup! **** PLEASE NOTE: As of 11/21/23 at 2PM- We have surpassed 400 so will not have cups for late entries - we are sorry about that, but excited about the big crowd that will be coming out for this wonderful event!! We may have other swag available.
- If you have any questions or concerns please email us or call Nicole Frost at 804-986-5858.
Race Participant Survey
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.