In order to use TriSignUp, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
* This race starts out with a 1,350 yard swim - which is unusual for a sprint distance triathlon.
* The reason the swim is longer than the normal sprint distance swim is because the swim is a point-to-point swim that always takes place with an incoming tide.
* Check out the swim times from previous years - the swim actually seems more like 750 yards- 1,000 yards depending on how fast the current is moving.
* It is important to note that while this swim takes place in salt water - this is not an ocean swim.
* The swim takes place in a channel system between Wrightsville Beach and the mainland.
* Numerous busses are used to transport participants from the transition area (and swim finish location) to the swim start location at the Blockade Runner hotel.
* This is another race that becomes a race day decision for wetsuits - as the water temperature at this time of the year along the southern North Carolina coast is always around 78 degrees. We will post a water temperature on the website on Thursday night of race week.