In order to use TriSignUp, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the 2020 event is now a duathlon instead of a triathlon
A Super Sprint requires every member of a relay team to complete all three legs (run, swim, run) of a triathlon duathlon. The first team member starts the race, does all three legs and then hands off the timing chip to the next team member to complete the same course, who then hands off the timing chip to the final (third) team member to finish the triathlon. It is a "super sprint distance," meaning a much shorter course than a traditional sprint triathlon duathlon , but it does have its challenges.
The run portions are 1 HILLY mile.
The swim is 200 yards in the Lazy River against the current. See The Course description below for further details.
For 2020, when one person signs up to do the entire course they will - Run-Swim-Run-Swim-Run. Are you MEGA tough? Are you up for the MEGA challenge?
The race starts with the first team members running one mile on the cart path, then sliding down the JW Marriott’s waterslide into the lazy river to swim against the current for 200 yards, and then finishes with another one mile run on the cart path. The race will start in a time trial fashion, with one runner going off every 10 seconds.
The run is a challenging 1 mile course around the Starr Pass golf course. It has a hill or two. :)
There will be no water or food or aid stations on the course. If you need water or nutrition on the run course, you must bring your own bottle pre-filled. There will be food and drink at the finish line (see below).
Due to the risk of spreading COVID-19, all participants are REQUIRED to wear a mask while setting up their transition area. Once you are in line to race, you do not need to wear a mask, nor do you need to wear one while racing.
IMMEDIATELY after you are done, if you plan to hang around and watch your team finish you MUST wear a mask. If you're not racing, you're covered up. No exceptions.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, Starr Pass Resort has asked us to limit the event attendance to. RACERS ONLY. There can be no spectators milling about at or near the start/finish lines or anywhere along the course. This must be strictly adhered to.
A custom event shirt for every finisher (while supplies last).
Snacks courtesy of OYL - empanadas and chocolate milk
A great hotel rate! (Click for link to reserve your hotel room! by August 7, 2020)
Bragging rights for participating in a LIVE event during a historical moment.
Custom Overall Awards to 1st - 3rd Place Overall All Male, All Female, and Co-Ed Teams, as well as 1st through 3rd Place Male and Female in the MEGA Sprint Division
Event fully supported by staff and volunteers.
On Your Left Fitness is proud to partner with the JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa to bring you this SUPER FUN and UNIQUE event.
1) There will be ONE Packet Pickup - Friday, August 28 from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. on the patio just outside the pool at Starr Pass Resort. Due to the 6:30 a.m. start time, we will not have race-day packet pickup. EVERYONE must pick up their own packet with a valid I.D. This is a USAT sanctioned race, and USAT requires you to pick up your own packet. No one can pick up your packet for you.
Teams will get their timing chip ON RACE MORNING at the Finish Line. Don't forget!
2) There will be a racer's meeting Friday night, August 28, at 7:00 p.m. IN THE TRANSITION AREA.. You're welcome to grab yourself a cocktail from the bar (happy hour prices) before heading to the meeting. This is when we will explain the course in detail and answer any lingering questions you may have.
There are no aid stations on the bike course. There will be an aid station (water) as you exit the pool and head into T1. Then there will be an aid station (water) as you exit T2 and start your run. This is an un-manned aid station. It will be a water cooler that you can fill your own bottle up with.
If you have not reviewed the Course Maps, please do so now.
3) Please remember, if you are a 2-person relay team, participant 1 must also be participant 3. You MUST pass your timing chip to a new team member after each relay (there can be no advantage to skipping a chip exchange).
4) Starr Pass will provide fresh fruit, granola bars, trail mix and waters at the finish line. We sincerely hope you hang around the finish line and enjoy all the racing and camaraderie.
5) The awards ceremony (1st - 3rd Place OA Male Teams, Female Teams and Co-Ed Teams, and Male/Female MEGA Sprint) will be right after all teams have finished the course. The awards ceremony will be held on the fairway next to the finish line area. We anticipate the ceremony taking place about 10:00 a.m.
Please email us if you have questions.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.