In order to use TriSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Situated in the heart of Franklin County, the Greenfield Triathlon course meanders through the picturesque back roads of Greenfield, passes through the Historic Eunice Williams Covered Bridge, and features swimming in our very own Green River.
Offering both International and Sprint distances for individual athletes as well as two- and three-person teams, the Greenfield Triathlon is great for both beginners and seasoned triathletes. A triathlon training program is offered Sundays leading up to the event. In Greenfield, our motto is “To Finish Is To Win!”
All race proceeds benefit the Greenfield Recreation Department. The Greenfield Triathlon has raised thousands of dollars to support programs and events for families within our community. We thank you for your continued support.
You are racing under the USAT Competitive Rules and there will be USAT certified referees on the course to ensure fairness in the competition. There will be no warnings if you commit a foul during competition. At the end of the race all citations by the marshals are reviewed by the Head Referee who then decides if a penalty should be assessed. The Head Referee's ruling is final in the case of Position Violations and there are no protests or appeals of Position penalties.
In order to minimize misunderstandings on race day, make sure you follow the following rules during the bike leg:
• Wear your helmet with the chinstrap securely fastened at all times while on your bike.
• End caps must be on your bike.
• Ride on the right side of your lane.
• Keep three bike lengths between yourself and the cyclist in front of you.
• Pass on the left of the cyclist in front, never on the right.
• Complete your pass within 15 seconds.
• If passed, you must drop completely out of the zone, to the rear, before attempting to re-pass.
• Watch for bikes coming up on right when merging into bike lane from transition area.
• Walk bike out of and into transition area.
• When approaching the transition area, travel to the left of double yellow line.
• You must wear the colored swim cap provided to you at packet pickup
• Your bike needs to have your bib number attached to it (this will be provided by the race)
• You must wear your bib number during the run leg (this is not required during the bike leg)
• Escorts are not permitted in any event. No unauthorized assistance from anyone except race official and support staff.
• While USAT rules do allow a participant to stand and walk if necessary during the swim, Greenfield Triathlon rules require that the swimmer be waist deep while walking.
• iPods are not allowed
Finally, remember to treat other athletes, volunteers, and officials with courtesy and consideration. Failure to do so is called Unsportsmanlike Conduct and you will be disqualified.
Instead of using the bike course for the International run, the International run course will now share part of the sprint run course. This is to provide a more cohesive racing experience for both distances, and to lessen the volunteer and SAG support responsibilities.
The finish chute will be extended to run around the transition area and finish closer to the awards ceremony. This is to provide late finishing racers and their supporters an opportunity to be closer to the action.
From July 16 on, shirts will not be guaranteed. We will order unisex style shirts and they will be available on a first come-first serve basis.
Additional race information can be found at https://www.greenfield-triathlon.com/.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Thank you! Your message was posted to Facebook.