Race Day: Friday, October 29, 2021
101 S Pavilion Center Dr,
Las Vegas, NV 89144
Las Vegas Cyclery
10575 Discovery Dr., Las Vegas, NV89135
Calling all kids, ages 6-15, novice or experienced, to experience a full-size triathlon for kids in Las Vegas!
Swim at Pavilion Center Pool, bike at Sig Rogich Middle School, run around the Palo Verde High School Race Track, and finish at Veteran’s Memorial Park on the volleyball court sand pit with a superhero from the Las Vegas Cause-Players Alliance honoring you with a finisher medal!
Set goals, hang out with friends, have fun, and make lasting memories!
- Race Registration Fees(Processing fees apply)
- $55 - August 1 - October 5
- $60 - October 6 - October 27
- Distances by age. USA Triathlon rules state that age is determined by the the child's age as of December 31st of the race year, so, he/she may be in an older age group than the age he/she is on race day.
- 6-11 Short Course - 50 yard swim, 1.5 mile bike, 1 mile run
- 10-15 Long Course - 150 yard swim, 3 mile bike, 1.5 mile run
- Participants must hold a current USA Triathlon membership on day of event. Annual USAT youth memberships cost $10 and can be purchased through race registration or through USAT without any processing fees. Feel free to email the race if you need your child's USAT #Username to register. Only current or former members have a USAT #.
- Although we order some extras, register by October 5th to guarantee this year's race shirt and size! Everyone will still receive a goodie bag, participation medal, Las Vegas Kids Triathlon souvenir wristband, and race sticker!
- Online Registration for the 2021 Las Vegas Kids Triathlon will close on Wednesday, October 27. There will be an additional $10 fee to register at packet pick-up on Thursday, October 28th. Sorry, there will be no Race Day registration.
- It is mandatory that participants show up to packet pickup with their legal guardian on October 28, 2021 at Las Vegas Cyclery between 3:30pm-6:00pm to receive their race numbers and body markings. Per USAT rules, the legal guardians of a minor 17 years old or younger, must be present with the registered participant at packet pickup. Guardians must show a legal photo ID. This is NON-NEGOTIABLE due to our USAT sanctioning and insurance guidelines.
Training wheels, kick boards, and life vests will be allowed, but aerobars and headphones will not be allowed.
Race Day Schedule, Friday, October 29, 2021
8:45am Transition area opens for triathlon participants
9:30am Transition area closes and triathletes assemble inside pool
9:45am Pre-race safety briefing
10:00am Race starts
11:30am Bike finish / transition opens for bike pickup, Cleanup
Race With A Friend for School Fitness Funding
- When 10 or more kids from your school sign up for the race, your school will receive $100 in School Fitness Funding for PE, playground, STEM, and adaptive movement equipment! Your school will receive $10 for each additional participant after 10 signups. So, 25 signups would mean $250 for your school. Student athlete participants will be tallied as they communicate through the registration process which school they attend.
- Spread the word with the school flyer found HERE. Check us out on Facebook or Instagram!
- We will also reserve a 10'x12' canopy race space for you along the finish to build camaraderie and have fun at this multi-sport event. Please contact the race director at email@example.com to assign your school a team captain for coordinating a race space for your school.
These great events wouldn't be possible without the help of volunteers as they are an integral part of producing successful events. The Las Vegas kids triathlon makes for a great opportunity to support the community, earn required service hours, fundraise for your group or non profit, and build teamwork and camaraderie.
As a way of saying thank you, we offer a donation to any helping team, school, group, club, or organization. Once a group sends a total of 5 or more volunteers to help for a full time slot, we will donate $10 for each volunteer. For example, if a group sends 15 volunteers to assist our race, they would receive $150 for their group. We hope you'll find our event fun and rewarding as we foster healthy and active youth in the community.
USA Triathlon rules state that age is determined by the child's age as of December 31st of the race year, so, he/she may be in an older age group than the age he/she is on race day.
Awards will be given 3 places deep to both boys and girls by their age in their division:
Ages 6-11 Short Course Triathlon:
- 6-7 Years Old
- 8-9 Years Old
- 10-11 Years Old
Ages 10-15 Long Course Triathlon:
- 10-11 Years Old
- 12-13 Years Old
- 14-15 Years Old