International Triathlon: 1,000 yard swim, 19 mile bike, 4 mile run. Individuals and teams.
Aquabike (swim and bike only): 1,000 yard swim and 19 mile bike. Individuals only
- All competitors are REQUIRED to have a Current USA Triathlon license or purchase a USAT license in order to compete.
- Adults are one-day ($15) or annual ($50), youth ages 17 and under are required to have an annual license ($10). There are no one day licenses for youth.
- Racing age is calculated as of Dec 31 of the current year. Please CONFIRM RACING AGE with Registration Volunteers.
- Lake Weddington Recreation will open at 6 am on race day and there is no charge to enter. Prior to the race, the park entrance fee is $5 (subject to change).
- Lake Weddington Recreation area is 13 miles from Fayetteville. Use 15689 Lake Weddington Entry Road, Fayetteville, AR 72704 to obtain directions. Hwy 16 to the race site has several sharp curves. Most areas are posted 45 mph. Please allow extra drive time!!
- NO PARKING ON HWY 16
- Pets MAY be allowed in park or in restricted areas of park - check US Forest Service and Lake Wedington rules prior to event for current regulations.
- Event will be held Rain or Shine
- Courses are marked, but it's the racer's responsiblity to know the courses
- Water, Gatorade, oranges and bananas will be available as each racer finishes
- Neutral Bike Service will be provided before the race and at Mandatory Bike Check in at Transition on Sunday by Lewis and Clark Outfitters.
- Wetsuits will be allowed according to USAT rules. Announcements on current water conditions will be made before the race.
- All USA Triathlon Rules and Regulations in effect.
See Most Commonly Violated Rules
Note from Head Referee
International Swim Course (1,000 yards)
The swim will take place in Lake Wedington. The course is a point to point in the shape of a rectangle. Buoys will be on the right. The average water temperature in early June can range from 75 to 85 degrees.
Transition: A single transition area. The transition from swim to bike will include a 200 meter slightly uphill run.
International Bike Course (19 miles)
The bike course is a local favorite of both triathletes and cyclists. The course is on newly paved roads with a rolling terrain. The toughest hill on the course comes at the six mile mark, Weaver Hill starts and finishes gradually, but has a steep section in the middle. After this .5-mile climb, the course is fast with just a few rollers. Strava Link - https://www.strava.com/routes/19188969
International Run Course (4 miles)
The run is a rolling, partially shaded, two-loop course on paved roads completely inside the park which provides great spectator viewing. There is one tough hill on each loop that was given several names, but none are worthy or suitable for print. This year we’ll have the “crazies” at the top of the hill to cheer you on. You don’t want to miss the party!
DIRECTIONS & PARKING:
- Lake Weddington Recreation area is 13 miles from Fayetteville. Use 15689 Lake Weddington Entry Road, Fayetteville, AR 72704 to obtain directions. Hwy 16 to the race site has several sharp curves. Most areas are posted 45 mph. Please allow extra drive time!
- NO PARKING ON HWY 16 HIGHWAY. YOUR CAR WILL BE TOWED!
- If you park inside the main park you will not be permitted to leave until the last competitor has finished.
- Parking is available approximately 1,000 feet east of the main park entrance if you need to leave before the race is officially over.
- Racers & Spectators will not be charged to enter the park on race day only.
Saturday August 1-
3 - 7 pm - Packet Pickup / Onsite Registration - Pick up your race packet at Lewis and Clark Outfitters, 4915 S Thompson, Springdale, AR 72764 (next to Lake Fayetteville). Also, you may register online until midnight Aug 1st. Chips will be issued on Race Day ONLY.
3 - 5 pm - Swim Practice - Lake Wedington Recreation Area, at the swimming area. Lifeguards will be present.
3 - 5 pm - Women's Clinic - come to this Women's only clinic to get tips, advice and answers to all your questions! Lake Wedington Recreation Area, meet near swimming area.
5 - 6 pm - Race Day Basics Workshop at Lake Wedington, meet at the lodge. Experienced triathletes will discuss race-day preparation, nutrition, key do's and don'ts. A USA Triathlon official will also be on hand to address USAT rules and regulations. Bring your questions!
Sunday, Aug 2:
- 6:00 am - park opens – NO EARLIER
- 6:00 am - transition area opens
- 6:00 am - packet pickup begins
- 7:30 am - mandatory pre-race meeting with USAT official
- 7:40 am - Prayer and National Anthem
- 7:45 am - final access to International-distance transition area
- 7:55 am - transition area closes to all competitors
- 8:05 am –first swim wave staging begins – International only
- 8:15 am - first wave (International only) – males 39 & under & all Aquabike
- 8:20 am - second wave (International only) – males 40 & over
- 8:25 am - third wave (International only) – juniors, teams and individual females
- 9:05 am –first swim wave staging begins – Sprint only
- 9:15 am - first wave (Sprint) – males 39 & under
- 9:16 am - Duathlon start
- 9:20 am - second wave (Sprint) – males 40 & over
- 9:25 am - third wave (Sprint) - juniors and all individual females
- 9:45 am - food will be served
- 11:15 am - giveaway prizes (all participants will be in the drawing)
- 11:30 am - awards
COURSE TIME LIMIT: Swim – 1 hour; Bike – 2 hours; Run – 1 hour
MINIMUM AGE: 14 years - NO exceptions
MAPS - PRINTABLE
International Swim / Run Map
International Bike Map
AWARDS AND CATEGORIES:
Award Regulations for Triathlons
- Overall (Male & Female): Top three
- Juniors (Male & Female): 14-15, 16-19
- Adults (Male & Female): Five-year increments beginning at 20 - 24
- Masters 40-49 (Male and Female): First-place only
- Grand Masters 50-59 (Male and Female): First-place only
- Senior Masters 60+ (Male and Female): First-place only
- Clydesdale (220lb. +): 39 and under males
- Clydesdale (220lb. +): 40+ males
- Athena (165 lb. +): all ages females
Teams: top three
Door Prizes, Race Goodies
- Degree Deodorant brands providing great items for all our athletes!
- Door prizes will include gift certificates and tons of bike gear.
- Post race meal will be provided to athletes by First Security Bank following the race.
- Lots of sponsors’ products and services will be in the goody bag for each participant.