225 yard swim, 6 mile bike, 2 mile run. Individuals Only.
- All competitors are REQUIRED to have a Current USA Triathlon license or purchase a USAT license in order to compete.
- Adults are one-day ($15) or annual ($50), youth ages 17 and under are required to have an annual license ($10). There are no one day licenses for youth.
- Racing age is calculated as of Dec 31 of the current year. Please CONFIRM RACING AGE with Registration Volunteers.
- Transition opens at 6:00 am on race day.
- Use - 400 Skyline Dr, Arkadelphia, AR 71923 for directions and watch for event signage. Google Map - https://goo.gl/maps/Uz7c5ZuonT9pucF18 for specific location.
- Event will be held Rain or Shine.
- Courses are marked, but it's the racer's responsibility to know the courses.
- Well stocked aid station, including water and Gatorade, will be available as each racer finishes.
- Neutral Bike Service will be provided before the race and at Mandatory Bike Check in at Transition.
- Courses are measured with GPS and are not certified.
- Each participant will be issued an ankle chip, issued race day at registration area. Bring your race bib with you.
- Wet suits will be allowed according to USAT rules. Announcements on current water conditions will be made before the race. Avg water temp in September is mid-80's.
- All USA Triathlon Rules and Regulations in effect.
See Most Commonly Violated Rules
Note from Head Referee
Super Sprint Triathlon Swim (225 yards)
The swim will take place in Lake DeGray and is a in water start. The course is a point to point course,. Swim exit is at a large concrete boat ramp. Historically the water temp averages is in the 80's. According to USA Triathlon regulations 4.4 if the water temp is 84F or above, wet suits will not be allowed.
Super Sprint Triathlon Bike (6 miles)
The bike course is out and bike on Skyline Drive. No aid stations on this course.
Super Sprint Triathlon Run (2 miles)
The run course is an out and back using both Skyline Drive and Forestry Circle. There will be an aid stations at the exit of transition and at the turnaround on Forestry Circle Rd
Transition: A single transition area will be available.
- Only athletes with bib numbers, race officials and race management will be allowed in transition. NO others will be allowed in the transition area at any time during the event
- NO riding in transition.
- Participants will be allowed to remove their bikes (post race) from the transition area after all participants have returned from the bike portion of the race.
- Please be courteous and aware when removing your items.
- Anyone removing their bike prior to the authorized time or without permission from the Race Director will be disqualified.
- If you have special circumstances, such as work obligations or an emergency, please ask us and we will do our best to assist you.
MAPS - Super Sprint
RACE-DAY BASICS WORKSHOP
Saturday, September 11 at the Spillway Dam Recreation Area from 5 - 6 pm. Experienced triathletes will discuss race-day preparation, nutrition, key do's and don'ts. A USA Triathlon official will also be on hand to address USAT rules and regulations. Bring your questions!
DIRECTIONS & PARKING
- Address: Use - 400 Skyline Dr, Arkadelphia, AR 71923 for directions and watch for event signage. Google Map - https://goo.gl/maps/Uz7c5ZuonT9pucF18 for specific location.
- Parking will be adjacent to the Transition area and is a first come, first serve basis on race day.
- There is no fee for parking.
- Volunteers will direct you where to park.
TIME LIMIT: Swim – 1 hour; Bike – 2 hours; Run – 1 hour
MINIMUM AGE: 12 years of age by 12/31 - NO exceptions
AWARDS AND CATEGORIES:
Award Regulations for Triathlons
Door Prizes, Race Goodies
- Custom finisher medals
- Door prizes will include gift certificates and tons of bike gear.
- Post race food and well stocked aid stations. There are options at the park for friends and family to purchase food.
- Lots of sponsors’ products and services will be in the goody bag for each participant.
- Free t-shirt