Winter Warriors! Let’s Outrun the Coldest Season Together!
When the temperature drops so can our motivation. We are teaming up with Brooks, and Char Fitness Club to challenge ourselves and each other and use movement as a practice to stay mentally and physically healthy and connected to a community of encouragement and support.
The Winter Warrior Challenge will hold you accountable for 8 weeks, giving you that little push to keep moving from the New Year through February. All paces, fitness levels and anyone who needs a little motivation is welcome to participate!
January 1st thru February 28th, 2023
What's the Challenge?
- Enter at least 4 activities, 30 minute or more (3 for our mini warriors), a week (this can include runs, walks, skiing, yoga, strength work, etc.). The more you log, the more virtual badges and prizes you unlock!
- Complete 32 activities (28 for Mini Warriors) or more throughout the challenge to earn the coveted Winter Warrior mug.
- Log 70+ activities to become an Ultimate Warrior for a chance to win a special prize pack, including a $100 Fleet Feet gift card (offer valid for the 16+ Winter Warrior Challenge only)
The Challenge Includes:
- Complimentary, custom long sleeve shirt
- Fun virtual badges to keep you moving forward and motivational emails
- A custom, coveted and limited edition mug (if 32+ activities are logged)
- Opportunity to win the Ultimate Warrior special prize pack (if 70+ activities are logged)
- Winter Warrior Challenge Strava Group (with group challenges)
- Group camaraderie and connection via Facebook Group
- Weekly Virtual Strength Classes with CHAR Fitness Club Wednesdays, 6:30pm, sponsored by Essex Running Club (join live or stream at your convenience)
- More opportunities for meet-ups, prizes, shopping opportunities and virtual classes throughout the challenge
- The in person Winter Warrior exclusive class will be on Tuesdays at 6:30PM, at Char Fitness Club
- $99 additional fee - 9 classes (a 50% discount from Char's typical 8 class package) To register, Add-On the class during registration. Space is limited, so do not wait.
- These 45 minute sessions will focus on daily strength for the "everyday athlete" or in this case "Winter Warrior." The session will begin with a dynamic warm-up and movement prep/explanation followed by 20-25 minutes of resistance training. Every movement we take on will be modified to fit each athlete's abilities so everyone is moving comfortably. The last 5-10 minutes of the session will be spent cooling down and working on mobility. Our mission is to improve our athlete's performance, both mentally and physically, through injury prevention, stability improvement and core strength.
Be one of the first 100 to register for a chance to design your own badge!
- $30 Early Frost Price EXTENDED through Wednesday December 14th
- $40 Late Blizzard Price after December 14th until January 15th
Please make sure that you are registering with a valid email address that you check regularly.
Swag Delivery Details
Out-of-Montclair-area Warriors will have their SWAG mailed to them for an additional shipping charge of $10 per registrant. All items will be shipped at the end of the Challenge - around March 1st.
Local Warriors will be informed when swag and prizes are ready for pickup at Fleet Feet Montclair. It will be well worth the wait!
If you have any questions about our Winter Warrior accountability challenge, please click the button below.