The Great Escape Sprint Run Course takes you up the hill through Ellis-Porter Park toward the State Capitol, before turning toward the historic old state penitentiary and heading back to transition.
The Supersprint course follows the same route, up the hill through the park with a turnaround on Riveria Drive near Hough Street.
RUN COURSE TURN-BY-TURN DIRECTIONS:
- From transition area follow the barrier taped chute along the Pool Equipment Building to paved park paths.
- At the top of the hill turn right onto Riverside Drive.
- Continue westward on Riverside Drive. **If you are doing the Super-Sprint, turnaround at the water station.
- At the turn at Riverside Drive, continue onto Riviera Street down a hill.
- Continue on Riviera Street, which turns into East Capitol Avenue.
- Follow East Capitol Avenue to the intersection of Lafayette Street. The old prison walls are on your right!
- Turn onto Lafayette Street and the course takes you to the turnaround in front of the prison entrance and a water station. Soak in some water and the historic surroundings.
- Retrace the course back to the park and turn right to follow the road downhill to the finish line!